Thursday, May 27, 2010

IN WHICH our heroine takes a shaky step forward

I was feeling huffy and ignored because a bunch of my favorite bloggers haven't been updated as frequently as I'd like them to. And by that, I mean every day.

I then realized that maybe I should do a little writing myself before I judge.

I had an absolutely amazing meeting with my program manager yesterday--just talking about what I'm doing after my year of service, what my next steps are, and what I want. Having a chance to talk out my dreams and worries and plans with someone was fantastic for clearing my head and coming to a place where I feel comfortable.

I'm on the right track. I just need to keep going.

Small successes: being nominated, taking a deep breath, and trying something new. Apartment Therapy is having their annual meet up in a few weeks, and I RSVP'ed to attend the one closest to me. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll give me a chance to reach out to people who have similar tastes and hobbies to mine, and to practice what I preach about all that community building stuff.

It's starting to really warm up, and against my better judgment, I'm going camping this weekend. I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment