Sunday, May 9, 2010

IN WHICH our heroine ventures east



Mini road trip with the boyfriend today. We drove through my favorite part of Arizona, the Tonto National Forest, to Saguaro Lake and Payson.

Growing up, I never appreciated how beautiful the desert is. I thought it was brown, dry, dead. I think these pictures can easily prove me wrong.

We had a great day until our trip to Roosevelt Lake was canceled, thanks to my car overheating. The little chipmunks in my engine didn't like running up so many hills in 90 degree weather. I had packed us a Ploughman's picnic lunch for us to eat at the marina, which was unceremoniously relocated to the back seat of my car while the engine cooled down.

Strangely enough, eating hunks of baguette and brie cross-legged in the back seat of my Civic was fun with the boyfriend. Simply put, he is my best friend, and I love him. Even with the detour, I had a great day.

PLUS, Urban Cowboy is on the Country Music Channel. Who doesn't love that?

PS - YUP, that's my romper.

No comments:

Post a Comment