Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Something David Letterman and I have in common

A love of lists:


5 Things I am Very Excited For:
1. New job!
2. New house (move in is only a few weeks away! Seriously, when I have a moment the new house deserves an update)
3. Anniversary Tonto roadtrip (boyfriend and I have been together for three years. Sheesh.)
4. End of AmeriCorps
5. Civic engagement project at new job, specifically

If I were to make a list of five things I am currently terrified of, it would be the exact same list--the new job stuff makes sense, I suppose--typical fear of failure--but everything else is a little stranger. As I get older, I find myself becoming more and more afraid of change and commitment.

My trepidation I feel about he anniversary and new house are directly related. Boyfriend and I have been together for three years now--an amount of time that just seems unreal and bizarre. Not to say that I'm not grateful for it, and every second means the world to me, but that's a lot of time for someone who's 23. The new house is our first place alone together. We've been living together for the past two years, but in a house full of roommates. This time it's just mano y mano, and that's a little scary. There's also the money stuff--it'll be an increase in rent, and no more splitting utilities five ways. That's scary too.

Could a quarter-life crisis be brewing? I hope not. I feel like I've had six already. If those are just a warm up, we should all duck and cover.

Picture from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment